Re: [xsl] xsl recursion

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl recursion
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:08:57 -0600
> If I understand you, if I can't get DVC to work, should I set a
> javascript function that holds the current value, and the
> next time round it compares the XML node value with the (previous)
> javascript value/

I really don't know Cocoon all that well (although I would like to get
to know it a bit better).  Without knowing more about how the whole
system works I can't comment on the javascript approach.     I
probably should have resisted the urge to comment on this issue ;).
But seriously, in the general case I believe Xalan tends to be quite
memory heavy even with SAX (I could be wrong though).

With large file sizes the approaches I've seen fall into two general
catagories:  try to reduce file size in some manner or to eliminate
XSLT and apply some sort of streaming model coupled with a smaller
memory structure.  In one case where I was experimenting with a large
file I managed to do it by sax and having a relatively small # of
elements placed in a stack for further processing and other elements
translated into an output structure.  I believe you can do something
similar with javascript classes, but I have never tried it (nor am I
sure I would want to).

Jon Gorman.

.