Re: [xsl] RSS Feeds, Dates, Transformation with Exslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] RSS Feeds, Dates, Transformation with Exslt
From: Daniel Bibbens <dbibbens@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:45:02 -0800
Karl Stubsjoen <kstubs@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Is there another way to get from weird date formates like this example:
> <pubDate>Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:12:56 GMT</pubDate>
> a format that is recognizable by the parsers?
> Karl

I'm working on this problem for similar reasons. The RSS date format
is RFC-822 and XML/XSD/XSL is ISO-8601. The weekday in the RFC-822
date makes it tricky to transform directly into ISO 8601 and vice
versa. I'm writing several date arithmetic and conversion functions
that will be available as open-source web services.

I will notify this list when the service(s) are available. I also have
a service registry feed (RSS 2.0) available at:

Daniel Bibbens
Apache modules and other open-source projects for XSL & RSS