RE: [xsl] Chewy key problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] Chewy key problem
From: "Edmund Mitchell" <emitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:33:11 -0800

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around that one.  If the processing is
also expensive, I'll use that as an excuse to run from this solution...

> So unless you _really_ need it to be a single pass without any extension
> function (in which case ask again) I'd definitely do it in two passes,
> first collecting together the grouping key then either in  asecond
> transformation or via node-set,do the grouping.

Consider me to have asked again.  Still, the only reason I need it in a
single pass is because I don't know how to do a double pass -- in xslt or in
java, which is going to be driving this whole wagon.  I would like to avoid
extension functions, but (imho) a solved problem is better than an unsolved
one, so I'll take what I can get.

Thanks again