RE: [xsl] escaping/entities on the fly?

Subject: RE: [xsl] escaping/entities on the fly?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 17:34:36 -0000
Non-Ascii characters in a URI should be escaped using the %HH convention,
rather than using XML escaping.

XSLT 2.0 provides a function escape-uri() to achieve this.

In 1.0, it happens automatically when you use the HTML serialization method
if the URI appears in an attribute such as <a href="..."> that is known to
require a URI as its value.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/