Re: [xsl] break or exit in xsl?

Subject: Re: [xsl] break or exit in xsl?
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:08:25 -0800 (PST)
Thanks David for your comments..

Regarding this point..
> It might for example execute them in parallel and
> just assemble the results at the end.

I agree the XSLT processor is free to process nodes
(of the node-set corresponding to XPath in select
attribute) in whatever manner it seems fit (either
parallel or any way!). But in the end, the output
should reflect the document order..

So for the original poster, we can say, breaking out
of xsl:for-each loop would not fit into the processing
model of XSLT.. Probably thats why XSLT has'nt
provided this feature..

Regards,
Mukul

--- David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   So it is sequential processing from "document
> order
>   point of view"..
>
> Yes, the point being though that this only
> determines the position of
> the result fragments. You can be sure that the
> result of applying the
> body of the for-each to the first node in document
> order is appended to
> the result tree before the result of processing the
> second node, but you
> can not assume that the system actually executes the
> code in that order.
> It might for example execute them in parallel and
> just assemble the
> results at the end.
>
> David

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!