Re: [xsl] Probs using XSLT in browsers

Subject: Re: [xsl] Probs using XSLT in browsers
From: António Mota <amsmota@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:49:09 +0000
On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:02:42 GMT, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   So i assume that the IE and the FF processors don't support the
>   exslt:node-set() altought i tougth that it was suficiente to declare
>   the xmlns:exslt="http://exslt.org/common";.
>
> Declaring (any) extension namespace only has an effect if the processor
> actually supports that extension.

But shouldn't it be possible to use then by importing then? I thought
so, altought i didn't find any node-set.xsl, altought the
documentation seems to say that it should exist...

> You can replace exslt:node-set($dias)/dia by
>
> document('')/xsl:variable[name='dias']/dia
>
> should then work in both, although it will cause the stylesheet to be
> parsed twice.
>
> David

Well, it seems the voodoo continues, cause i've tryed that and it
doesn't work either... It never get's into the for-each. And just for
bad luck my trial verisons of a xsl debugger just finished and my f*
company just spend the money available for on-line purchases by
renewing a f* MSDN license that is of no f* use at all so i have to
wait for a week or two and i'm ashamed to ask for a new one...

How about that IE black magic of giving a error even with the variable
commented out?