[xsl] Variables and HTML

Subject: [xsl] Variables and HTML
From: Carmelo Montanez <carmelo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:46:07 -0500
Folks:

I am sure this been debated before to the ground.  I have
a variable that have entities as part of its contents as in the
following

variable1 = "&lt; A href = ....."

I am trying to output this as html

<dd><xsl:value-of select = "$variable1"/></dd>

The problem is that when I get the HTML, I still have the entities
inside the variables causing the HTML browser to display the wrong thing

My final HML looks something like this:

<DD>A &lt;a href="Ballot"&gt;&lt;i&gt;Ballot&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/a&gt; prepared or &lt;a href="cast"&gt;&lt;{i&gt;cast&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/a&gt; by a voter other than at a regular polling place.</DD>

I will like to have all those entities resolved. I need to use the entities inside the
variable because I am doing a lot of manipulations with it.

Thanks,
Carmelo