RE: [xsl] Can't use any of the xdt functions! Grrrr

Subject: RE: [xsl] Can't use any of the xdt functions! Grrrr
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:07:15 -0000
> Saxonb8-2:
>
> C:\>java net.sf.saxon.Query -t "{<a
> xmlns:j='java:net.sf.saxon.om.NamespaceConstant'>{j:X
> DT()}</a>}"
> org/w3c/dom/TypeInfo

It works for me:

Saxon 8.2 from Saxonica
Java version 1.5.0_02
Compiling query from {<a
xmlns:j='java:net.sf.saxon.om.NamespaceConstant'>{j:XDT()}</a>}
Compilation time: 851 milliseconds
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<a
xmlns:j="java:net.sf.saxon.om.NamespaceConstant">http://www.w3.org/2004/10/x
path-datatypes</a>

The class org.w3c.dom.TypeInfo is part of JAXP 1.3 - to run Saxon 8.2 you
either need JAXP 1.3 on your classpath, or you need to use JDK 1.5.

I absolutely agree that the change in namespace at each WD helps no-one.
However, it's not easy to get such policies changed because they are made by
people without practical experience of the problems they cause.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/