[xsl] Catch ALL | Failed template rule

Subject: [xsl] Catch ALL | Failed template rule
From: Karl Stubsjoen <kstubs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:03:06 -0700
I'd like a catch ALL template rule, actually a catch NOT template
rule.  In an effort to check for the existence of a select, I have
setup a match template rule that simply returns "1" for a match.  So I
have:

<xsl:template match="record" mode="recordexists">
<xsl:text>1</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

The failed select would need to return a "0".  So I need a match that
simply returns 0.

So something like:

<xsl:template match="not(record)" mode="recordexists">
<xsl:text>0</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

(which is not a legal match statement, but that is what I need).  I'm
sure there is a way, and I'm sure it is obvious!  Just not coming to
me.

Thanks,
Karl