Re: [xsl] Docbook index problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Docbook index problem
From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:41:55 +0100
Hiral Parikh wrote:

> The problem is when there are many occurences of 1 indexterm, the page
> numbers overlap with the next (right hand) column of index.
>
> E.g.
> Myindexname 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 67, 7, 8, m10, 12,yotherindex 70
> 		13
>
> I guess the line breaks are not given properly.
>
> Any ideas, anyone? Is there an attribute to specify the index to stay
within
> a column?

You should post question related to DocBook processing to specific list
docbook-apps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is hard to say what your problems is, because you didn't describe
your processing environment. I suppose that you are using FO stylesheet
if you get two column output. Output to two columns works OK for me, so
problem might be in your FO processor. I bet you are using FOP that is
far from perfect and sometimes generates overlapped areas. If you can, I
would suggest you to use XEP or XSL Formatter to create PDFs from
DocBook sources. These two formatting engines are much more mature than FOP.

					Jirka

   Jirka Kosek     e-mail: jirka@xxxxxxxx     http://www.kosek.cz
   Profesionalnm 9kolenm a poradenstvm v oblasti technologim XML.
      Podmvejte se na na9 novl spu9tln} web http://DocBook.cz
        Podrobn} pxehled 9kolenm http://xmlguru.cz/skoleni/

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]