Re: [xsl] Tricky inclusion match

Subject: Re: [xsl] Tricky inclusion match
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:12:59 +0100
> Here is what I have so far, I have a match on "record".  I use a key
> "key_paint" to count my "group a" items and the same key to count my
> "groub b" items.  Group a and group b items are predifined as part of
> the xml source.  So, I achieve a unique count of "group a" and "group
> b" items and now I need to evaluate the total of these two.  In plain
> english:  "count unique items and then sum the count".  (see
> additional comments inline below)

That description makes it sound like you are counting nodes in teh
source, and summing values held in thse nodes. In that case you should
be able just to use the countand sum functions, there is no
transformation involved so you don't need to use apply-templates.

Although node-set is available in msxml and exslt so I'd guess you can
use that extension in both your environments if you choose to use that.
(Not tries the .net classes though)

David

http://www.star.net.uk