Re: RE: [xsl] New Developer Survey Shows XQuery Adoption Skyrocke ting

Subject: Re: RE: [xsl] New Developer Survey Shows XQuery Adoption Skyrocke ting
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:06:13 +1000
> Anyway, XSLT evangelists could be doing the same thing, surveying 550
> members of this list for example. Anyone can predict the output... and after
> that XQuery fans will say it's fluff. :-)

The "XSLT evangelists" don't need to resort to such "surveys".

We have the outstanding example of the honest, hard work of such
people as Michael Kay, Colin-Paul Adams and M.D. Peterson -- let's
just allow their work to speak for themselves.

Just a look at the sourceforge.net statistics (frozen since 15 Jan)
about the number of downloads and webpage visits (209 000 downloads
and 317 000 webpage visits) is sufficient to see what product and
technology has been *actually* extremely popular.

It is XSLT 2.0  -- simple, obvious fact...

Another look at the Saxon mailing list will show how many people are
actively involved in the new technology XSLT 2.0 and using it for
serious work.

We have some good examples that the most popular, widely spread and
used products rarely need to advertise themselves.

The Saxon XSLT 2.0 processor is just one such example.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.