Re: [xsl] Testing 2 XML documents for equality - a solution

Subject: Re: [xsl] Testing 2 XML documents for equality - a solution
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:14:08 -0500
Hey Dimitre,

At 07:05 AM 3/31/2005, you wrote:
In this concrete case "document equality" remains undefined.
Therefore, the problem based on it is also undefined.

I'm with you so far.

 Any activity to
solve an undefined problem is groundless and imaginary -- something
like hallucination.

I can accept this provisionally, leaving aside a discussion of what we should mean by "groundless", "imaginary", and "hallucination". (Though perhaps not on XSL-List. :-) Whether any such activity is a waste of time is, however, another question. As is whether this doesn't describe most of what we human animals do -- try to solve undefined problems. (Sometimes this activity might lead to defining a problem and solving it, after all. :-)

Cheers,
Wendell