RE: [xsl] Identity Transform xml for variable

Subject: RE: [xsl] Identity Transform xml for variable
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 21:56:06 +0100
> However, not too useful if I am back to xxxx:node-set() on my
> variable.
> Is this going to be the case?  Is this always going to be the case if
> you don't use the select argument off of the variable decleration?

'fraid so. The sad fact is, XSLT 1.0 doesn't allow you to create a pipeline
of transformations within a single stylesheet unless you use this extension.

Actually, Saxon 6.5.3 and one or two other processors implement the aborted
XSLT 1.1 spec which made xx:node-set() unnecessary. But your solution still
won't be portable. The closest you'll get to a portable 1.0-based solution
is exslt:node-set().

Michael Kay