RE: [xsl] Testing 2 XML documents for equality - a solution

Subject: RE: [xsl] Testing 2 XML documents for equality - a solution
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 05:57:47 -0700 (PDT)
This is a nice feature provided by Saxon (infact very
nice). And is much more optimized than the named
template I wrote (in the stylesheet I posted last), as
Saxon's function runs in native Java code..

My named template has limitation that it can calculate
XPath string for element nodes only. But Saxon's
path() function can calculate XPath string for "all
types of nodes"..

I would explore it to use in my stylesheet.

Regards,
Mukul

--- Andrew Welch <ajwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A different way of comparing two XML documents
> springs to mind: iterate
> over docA getting each element's and attribute's
> saxon:path(), and
> compare the value by using saxon:evaluate($path) on
> docB.  The could
> check that docB is at least a superset of docA,
> possibly what Mukul is
> after?

Yahoo! Messenger