Re: [xsl] xsl: preserving spaces preserves only one space?

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl: preserving spaces preserves only one space?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:54:42 +0100
> Oh if you know of any good resource to read to become
> more firmilar with xsl then please let me know.

The spec isn't too bad a read, or the faq for this list at
www.dpawson.co.uk has some FO entries, and I think DaveP's book text is
online there as well.

The section of the spec that I linked to in my last reply does say

      The "white-space-treatment" property specifies the treatment
      during the refinement process of character flow objects, except
      for linefeeds, that are classified as white space in XML. This
      includes U+0020 (space) and other white space characters but
      excludes U+000A (linefeed). Linefeed treatment is determined by
      the "linefeed-treatment" property.

so if it's linebreaks you are after you need to set linefeed-treatment
as well.

But first you need to verify that your FO file has the white space that
you expect. If the spaces have already gone by then, setting properties
in the FO won't make them come back.

David

http://www.star.net.uk