Re: [xsl] xsl formating string

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl formating string
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:37:11 -0500
Err, well.  I was going to point out the error but it looks like
Michael beat me to the punch.

A recommendation:

If you are trying to debug your xslt I wouldn't recommend running fop.
 Run a XSLT processor on the source document and xslt.  You could use
Xalan which is used by FOP if I recall correctly via
java.org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN source -OUT target -XSL
stylesheet.  Even better, use Michael's excellent Saxon processor
(http://www.saxonica.com/) and following the commands in the
documentation (but for most purposes java -jar pathtojar/saxon8.jar
source stylesheet > target).  Saxon has far more useful error
statements than Xalan.  Using it it didn't take long at all to find
the error.  Heck, run them both.

Jon Gorman

PS.  Also, I've never seen anyone here upset by including the actual
error output and it often helps us find these small type of errors
much quicker.