Re: [xsl] testing for string and number in XSLT 2.0 was Re: [xsl] Test For Numeric Values?

Subject: Re: [xsl] testing for string and number in XSLT 2.0 was Re: [xsl] Test For Numeric Values?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:37:23 +0100
> the fact that BASIC conformance meant XML Schema datatypes are still
> being used completely went under my radar...so I now understand that
> value for BASIC conformance is directed towards implementators...

a full xslt system can use user-defined schema types defined in an xsd
schema schmea a basic system can not use schema defined complex types at
all and is restricted to a fixed set of basic atomic types (a subset of
the schema built in types)

similarly a full system can "see" type annotations on elements that have
been added by a schema aware parser, so you can match elemets that have
a particular (perhaps user defined) type. In a basic schema all elements
are annotated as not having been typed by a schema processor.

David

http://www.star.net.uk