RE: [xsl] Compatibility question

Subject: RE: [xsl] Compatibility question
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:59:19 -0400
Until all browsers implement the same set of technologies you will have to code differently for each. That's why client-side is the wrong approach for this. Someone could (and probably has done) write an abstraction layer that would hide the differences between the browsers, but that only puts the problem at one degree of remove. If browsers change (and they will), or if new browsers appear (and they will), then you will have to be concerned about which version of the abstaction layer software (if any) exists on the client computer.

The right answer is to do this in one place, the server, which you can control, and serve standard HTML to the browsers.
--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email