Re: [xsl] Compatibility question

Subject: Re: [xsl] Compatibility question
From: James Fuller <jim.fuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 22:20:16 +0200
Camalesn wrote:

>On Apr 8, 2005 9:54 PM, JBryant@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

>>Look into Sarissa.
>>

>I did it. ;-)
>
>But it seems that Konqueror and Safari (KHTML based) are not supported
>at all (XPath, for example)...

and do these browsers have xslt processing capability at all ? though I
am now a Mac OSX man...I dont use safari at all...so wouldnt know.

>Copy & Paste from Sarissa Overview:
>
>"Supported browsers are Gecko based like Mozilla and Firefox, Internet
>Explorer and, last but not least, KHTML based browsers like Konqueror
>and Safari (no XSLT/XPath in these two yet)."

it has always been the cases, for at least the past 10 years, that any
browser based client side development will require customisation to each
each browser...not to mention that some browsers partially implement
certain specs, if at all...and when they do implement a full
spec...rarely can you say that there is equivelence, esp in invocation
methods.

Sarissa is the *only* option so far out there for general cross browser
type development,

if u find a better option, inform this list!

--Jim Fuller