Re: [xsl] Text To XML using XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Text To XML using XSL
From: James Fuller <jim.fuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:39:29 +0200
N. Ganesh Babu wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am very well know that we can convert XML files into any other files
> viz. HTML, XHTML, SGML , Text by using XSL. Is it possible to convert
> Text into XML,HTML using XSL? If yes, please let me know the resources.

Hello Ganesh,

this is a fairly general question, with the answer being mainly
yes...and no depending on circumstances.

the xsl:output method determines format of output and the document()
function is used to bring in external files...with some limited success
it is possible to process text in XSLT 1.0.

XSLT 2.0 is much better at bringing in irregular text, with its regular
expression capabilities and unparsed-text() function
(check out http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/07/09/xslt.html).

I would suggest asking your question again, though with some
specifics...and perhaps example xml(or text in your case).

--Jim Fuller