RE: [xsl] How to output trademark character in standards-complian t mode

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to output trademark character in standards-complian t mode
From: Maria Amuchastegui <mamuchastegui@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:31:48 -0400
MSXML4 would not allow me to use &#153; It was outputting a question mark
and an underscore for the other two notations.

I just realized that the actual output was encoded as UTF-16. Once I added
encoding="ISO-8859-1" to xsl:output, it worked.

<xsl:output encoding="ISO-8859-1" method="html" doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD
HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"/>

Maria