Re: [xsl] MSXML4 DOM - how get context node attribute value?

Subject: Re: [xsl] MSXML4 DOM - how get context node attribute value?
From: "Joe Fawcett" <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:57:52 +0100
----- Original Message ----- From: "Hardy Merrill" <HMerrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 3:40 PM

I'm using MSXML4 DOM in an ASP page - I've pinpointed a specific node in
the document using selectSingleNode, but now I need to get the value of
the "datatype" attribute of that node.  I'm having trouble with the
MSXML4 documentation - can someone tell me how to get the value of an
attribute for the context node?

TIA.

Hardy Merrill

According to the documentation the dataType of a node specifies the type but only applies if a dtd has defined it, not an xdr or xsd schema. However I've found in the past that it does work in these cases.
If that doesn't work try selecting the attribute "dt:dt" after binding "dt" to the namespace uri of "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes".

Joe