RE: [xsl] Passing a variable number of parameters or rather an array

Subject: RE: [xsl] Passing a variable number of parameters or rather an array
From: "Andrew Welch" <ajwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:05:48 +0100
> Create your array as an xml document: e,g.:
>
> <array>
>  <string>string one</string>
>  <string>string two</string>
> </array>
>
> Then pass the URI of this document as a string-valued
> parameter, and use the document() function to access the array.

Another technique I use is to pass in a string that is well-formed xml,
and then use the saxon:parse() extension to turn it into a nodeset.

A different technique is to take your source xml and modify that to
include the parameter markup before it gets parsed, wrapping the whole
lot in a new root:

<root>
	<param_array>..</param_array>
      ..
      orignal source doc
      ..
</root>

You can then access the parameter info as part of the input XML.

cheers
andrew