Re: [xsl] Transforming XML Blockquotes - Mixed Content - XSLT 1.0 Solution

Subject: Re: [xsl] Transforming XML Blockquotes - Mixed Content - XSLT 1.0 Solution
From: "Edward Bryant" <bryant_edward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:54:22 -0500
I thought of a way to solve the mixed content blockquote problem and I was hoping that someone could give me some feedback.

My idea was to close the paragraph before the blockquote and start a new one after the blockquote (with class="cont", to remove the indent) by including the tags in the blockquote's template. It seemed to work using the built-in IE6 browser's XSL support. However, the only strange thing was that the new p tags did not show when I viewed the source from the browser (but they are there, b/c the correctly use the CSS class formatting).

Perhaps there is a reason I should not solve it this way that I am missing:

<xsl:template match="blockquote">
 <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;/p&gt;</xsl:text>
 <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;p class="cont"&gt;</xsl:text>