Re: [xsl] updating a param value for recursion

Subject: Re: [xsl] updating a param value for recursion
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:58:56 +0100
    <xsl:param name="atStr"/>   <!--receives string of the form 'at1000

your parameter is called atStr

so when you call the template you need to pass a param of that name

    <xsl:call-template name="atCodes">
           <xsl:with-param name="intem"
                                 ^^^^ should be atStr
<!--Generates

In order that interm is in scope at teh call template, move its
definition to being before <Value> rather than inside teh Value node.

You don't appear to have any xsl:if or xsl:when test to terminate the
recursion once there are no more spaces so your code would loop
forever.

  Ive tried to look through the archives for a previous example similar to
  my query but I couldnt find any. Hence would appreciate any help.

there has been a longish thread giving several different code examples
for tokenising a string like this within the last few days.

David

http://www.star.net.uk