Re: [xsl] Total number of pages with XSL-FO

Subject: Re: [xsl] Total number of pages with XSL-FO
From: Nadia.Swaby@xxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:52:15 -0400
Hi All

It worked like a charm.  I feel kinda silly now.  I don't know why neither
me nor my predecessor thought of it before (I think it didn't occur to him
because the first time he attempted this strategy, we were using FOP.  But,
there is no excuse for me!).

Thanks to every one for their help and brilliant ideas!

Nadia

                      JBryant@xxxxxxxx
                      m                        To:
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                               cc:
of pages with XSL-FO
                      Please respond
                      to xsl-list

I must have confused your issue with some other issue.

Sorry about that.

If you can put keep-with previous on the empty ID block, that should keep
that blank page from popping up.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Nadia.Swaby@xxxxxx
04/21/2005 11:13 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [xsl] Total number of pages with XSL-FO

Actually, I am using Antenna house, it does support keep-with-previous ,
and I just thought about that 5 mins ago.  I will try after lunch.

Nadia Swaby

                      JBryant@xxxxxxxx
                      m                        To:
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                               cc:
number of pages with XSL-FO
                      Please respond
                      to xsl-list

That'd be great, Jirka, but Nadia is using FOP (if I recall correctly),
and the current version of FOP only supports keeps on tables.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Jirka Kosek <jirka@xxxxxxxx>
04/21/2005 10:59 AM
Please respond to

JBryant@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>From a few messages ago:
> If you want to be absolutely sure that content appears on the last page,
> put the last block that has content and the empty block into a table
that
> has two rows (one for each block). Then set keep-with-next="always" on
the
> first row. That way, the empty block can never be on a page by itself.

Wouldn't it be easier to do just:

<fo:block id="last-page" line-height="0" keep-with-previous="always"/>

There will not be need to surround last block in document with the
table. (I'm assuming that FO processor supports keep-with-next, which is
not case for FOP.)

   Jirka Kosek     e-mail: jirka@xxxxxxxx     http://www.kosek.cz
   Profesionalnm 9kolenm a poradenstvm v oblasti technologim XML.
      Podmvejte se na na9 novl spu9tln} web http://DocBook.cz
        Podrobn} pxehled 9kolenm http://xmlguru.cz/skoleni/