RE: [xsl] Java Transformation

Subject: RE: [xsl] Java Transformation
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:05:44 +0100
> Surely, I speak from the developer's perspective. With simple mapping
> tools available in the market now which can generate you mappings, you
> really need not know all the nitty gritties of XSLT at all for most
> common business use cases.

There seem to be two kinds of developers, those who get on with visual
tools, and those who don't.

Personally, I can never remember what all the symbols on the diagrams
actually mean: I find textual keywords much easier to remember. I've tried
three or four mapping tools that generate XSLT, and when I've tried to
achieve anything beyond a one-to-one element-to-element transformation I
have got hopelessly bogged down. But other people seem to like them so it
must just be me.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/