Re: [xsl] grouping/position problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] grouping/position problem
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:36:04 -0400
On 4/22/05, M. David Peterson <m.david.x2x2x@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am still trying to find a stopping point but before it got too late
> I thought it best to showcase a quick sample of how you would go about
> solving this problem using the sample XML you provided.  I will
> convert this into the proper namespaces and elements and check it in
> as soon as I can finish up this other item.

OK, but note that in your solution you only do a single-level of
grouping, which isn't enough.  I need to pass parameters that keep
track of positions at both the author-group level AND the author-year
group level.

More importantly, I still need to understand what the hell is going on
with the example, because I simply don't get it.

BTW, re: your comment about date-processiong in XSLT 2.0; I'm afraid
it's actually not all that helpful for bibliographic data. It's easier
to just do substring selecting.

Bruce