Re: [xsl] Revision Marking in HTML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Revision Marking in HTML
From: Nadia.Swaby@xxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:55:57 -0400
Hi Wendell,

It won't do that.  Instead, it would do something like this:

<para>This is new <?xm-insertion_mark_start author="N. Swaby"
time="20050426T110701-0500"?>para1<?xm-insertion_mark_end?></para>
<?xm-insertion_mark_start author="N. Swaby"
time="20050426T110701-0500"?><para>This is new
para2</para><?xm-insertion_mark_end?>

Nadia Swaby
Knowledge Management, Plant #22
ext. 5466

                      Wendell Piez
                      <wapiez@mulberry         To:      xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      tech.com>                cc:
                      2005-04-26 13:34
                      Please respond
                      to xsl-list

Nadia,

At 12:35 PM 4/26/2005, I wrote:
>While you are trying to apply David's solution I'd recommend you also test
>XMetaL to see whether the assumption he makes in his code (the PI pairs
>are "well-balanced" with respect to element markup) is correct, or whether
>XMetaL cannot in fact insert such a PI wherever it likes, thereby breaking
>the implicit "containment" and presenting, in effect, an overlap
problem....

To be more concrete, I'm recommending you see if you can't get it to make
you something like

<para>This is new <?xm-insertion_mark_start author="N. Swaby"
time="20050426T110701-0500"?>para1</para>
<para>This is<?xm-insertion_mark_end?> new para2</para>

.... which is going to put you to considerably more trouble....

Cheers,
Wendell