RE: [xsl] XMPSpy and Xalan

Subject: RE: [xsl] XMPSpy and Xalan
From: "Angel Gavin" <agavin@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 08:17:47 +0200
Hi Maria and Wendell,

I am using Xalan from XMLSpy too, and it works fine as I explained in my
email (xalan -o %2 %1 %3)

Maybe the point is that I am using Xalan-C++ (32-bit Windows build, version
1.4.0), but not Xalan-J, as it seems to be your case. In that case, it would
be mainly an XMLSpy problem (it seems it cannot execute an XSLT engine
having the Java mahine in the middle!)

I do not know whether are there differences between them or not, whether it
is better to use one or the other, ... Nevertheless Xalan-C++ is by far much
efficient than Altova's XSLT engine and it works fine for the kind of
"situations" I use to tackle. If you have problems to set-up Xalan-J in
XMLSpy, maybe you can give Xalan-C++ a try.

I hope this helps,
Regards / Saludos,
Angel