Re: [xsl] minor grouping issue

Subject: Re: [xsl] minor grouping issue
From: "Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 10:52:09 -0400
On May 7, 2005, at 9:10 AM, Michael Kay wrote:

<xsl:number level="any" count="footnote" from="chapter"/>

Excellent; thanks!

So then, if I want to bring this together with the other issue that David C. helped me with last night, what's the best way to have the from value conditioned on a parameter or variable?

This is what I ended up with the solve the other related problem. So in my importing stylesheet, I override $chapters with a definition that includes all the chapters.

<xsl:variable name="chapters" select="/"/>
<xsl:variable name="citerefs" select="($chapters)//db:biblioref/@linkend,
/course:syllabus//course:reading/@refid,
//cite:biblioref/@key"/>

So for the footnotes, if I have multiple db:chapter or $chapters/db:chapter elements, then it should count within those chapters. Otherwise, it should count over the document (which would probably be db:article).

Bruce