Re: [xsl] Do Templates Conflict?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Do Templates Conflict?
From: "Edward Bryant" <bryant_edward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 08:28:54 -0500
Thanks for everyone's answers to this issue, they were very helpful and I am sorry that I didn't research this one further before posting.

Now I do have a remaining question.

If I know I have a conflict (i.e., a template for all paragraphs and another for the first paragraph within a certain context) and I know that according to the conflict rules that they will be resolved as I want them to without explicit priorities, should I use explicit priorities anyway?

I mean to ask what the better practice is--

(1) rely on implied conflict rules, only using explicit priorities to counteract the implied rules, or

(2) to be explicit when I anticipate the conflict, een if the implied rules should give the same result?