Re: [xsl] <xsl:output method="xml"> and an if sentence to output XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] <xsl:output method="xml"> and an if sentence to output XML
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 16:58:43 +0100
  I'd like to use <xsl:output method="xml">, but I haven't found a
  solution to my problem, which is how to output <dd class="active"> if
  parameter this exists and <dd> if it doesn't exist.

<dd>
<xsl:if test="@this">
<xsl:attribute name="class">active</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:if>
</dd>

Also why do you have

<xsl:for-each select="/opml/body/outline">
		<xsl:call-template name="outline">
<xsl:template name="outline">

Rather than the simpler and more natural

<xsl:apply-templates select="/opml/body/outline"/>
<xsl:template match="outline">

If you are outputting html don't you want to use the html output method
rather than xml? (You certainly don't want to use the text output
method)

David

http://www.star.net.uk