RE: [xsl] Multiple CDATA tags...again

Subject: RE: [xsl] Multiple CDATA tags...again
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 21:31:31 +0100
> Hi,
> I searched the archives but I did not see a clear
> solution to this issue. I am using Java 1.4.2. When I
> use the cdata-section-elements in my XSL template, the
> resulting xml has dozens of CDATA tags which split
> words and sentences into pieces. The indexing tool to
> which the resulting XML is passed doesn't like this,
> and rejects the file as invalid XML.

I think there was a previous thread which identified the XSLT processor
that's doing this. IIRC, however, it was producing well-formed XML in which
case it's your indexing tool that's at fault.

However, why are you doing this? Using CDATA in the output can sometimes
make it easier for humans to read and edit the file, but is never necessary
when passing the file to other XML-processing software (unless it's very
unorthodox...)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/