Re: [xsl] xsl:stylesheet vs xsl:transform

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:stylesheet vs xsl:transform
From: Alex Milowski <alexml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 06:28:28 -0700
On May 11, 2005, at 2:36 AM, David Carlisle wrote:

Many browsers will render the HTML results of an [xsl:]stylesheet while they will not for one that starts with [xsl:]transform

Is that really true?
I don't see how a conforming XSLT application could possibly treat these
two elements in different ways.

Well, I guess I shouldn't have made such a strong statement without
testing that. In the past, I remember that distinction being there... now it
seems not to be the case now for IE 6 and Firefox--which is good.

Eh... learn something new every day.

It wasn't the question of conformance. It was the question of does the browser
render the content or does it display an XML tree.

-- Alex Milowski

considered."