Re: [xsl] Grouping with XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Grouping with XSL
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:09:37 -0500
Hi, Thea,

You have a very typical grouping problem going there, and the folks on the
list have answered similar questions so often that various members of the
list have dedicated web sites to its answer. Try these resources:

Dave Pawson's FAQ (the grouping page in particular):
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N4486.html
Jeni Tennison's grouping page: http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping/

All the answers we could give to your current question would be
re-hashings of those answers, so your best bet is to try those methods and
then come ask questions if you have trouble with them.

By the way, if you can use XSLT 2.0, your problem is much easier to solve,
as 2.0 includes my favorite instruction, for-each-group, which deals with
exactly this problem.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services
(presently consulting at Synergistic Solution Technologies).