Re: [xsl] Preserve Whitespace with Mixed Content (Text and Tags)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Preserve Whitespace with Mixed Content (Text and Tags)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 23:06:52 +0100
> I am generating html from an xml document, and would like to preserve
> white space inside tags that contain both text and other tags, such
> within these THD tags:

Or rather the whitespace between the tags (the only thing inside tags in
your example is the element names, as you have no attributes)

I would guess that you are using MSXML? If so it has an "optimisation"
that removes white space text nodes on input (so preserve-space and
strip-space have no effect, the space has already gone.
If you are not using IE6 directly but rather calling msxsl from script
you can set the preservewhitespace property to true before parsing the
document in order to get a more conformant system.

David

http://www.star.net.uk