[xsl] Refactoring parsing code with XSLT 2.0

Subject: [xsl] Refactoring parsing code with XSLT 2.0
From: Micah Dubinko <micah@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 19:31:18 -0700
I know how I would do this in XSLT 1.0, and it's not very pretty. Is there an elegant way in XPath/XSLT 2.0 to do this?

I have a variable with a string value like "3.48in" or "1pt" or "4" or "#123456" etc. Of the values that contain units, the first 2 of this particular list, I want to separate out the value from the units. I can include a list of possible unit values, say ("in", "cm", "pt", "em", "px") or whatever.

I've done XSLT 1.0 for a long time, and am just now getting into 2.0, so go easy on me. :) I'll post any interesting things I discover in my blog http://dubinko.info/blog

Thanks,

.micah

--
 Available for consulting. XForms, web forms, information overload.
 Micah Dubinko                           mailto:micah@xxxxxxxxxxxx