Re: [xsl] Junit-type Framework for XSLT 2 Functions and Templates?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Junit-type Framework for XSLT 2 Functions and Templates?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 13:58:28 +0100
> I have never had a doubt of its existence -- it is obvious.

well, it seems obvious now, the fact that some infinite sets could be
enumerated and some could not was not at all obvious as recently as the
beginning of the last century.

I think it's not so much obvious as the proof is well known.  Basically
it's the same as the proof that irrational numbers are countable
(Cantor, 1873).

Anyway it's always good to redo a well known proof,
Anyone got any any questions that could plausibly cause the proof that
sqrt(2) is irrational to be posted to this list?:-)

> But let's be a little bit more practical
hmph if you insist:-)

 http://www.cafeconleche.org/#news2005May17

Yes I saw that too on Elliotte's site this morning. Looked interesting.

David

http://www.star.net.uk