[xsl] select a node: child of an ancestor

Subject: [xsl] select a node: child of an ancestor
From: Anthony <apwebdesign@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:55:51 -0700 (PDT)
I have the following xml tree, in which I need to
compare the value of <SelectedNode> with <NodeId>
while iterating:

<LeftNavTree>
  <LeftNavParamList>
    <SelectedNode>Link 1.1.1<</SelectedNode>
  </LeftNavParamList>
  <TreeNodeList>
    <TreeNode>
      <NodeID>Link 1</NodeID>
      <NodeContent>...</NodeContent>
      <TreeNodeList>
        <TreeNode>
          <NodeID>Link 1.1</NodeID>
          <NodeContent>...</NodeContent>
          <TreeNodeList>
          <TreeNode>
            <NodeID>Link 1.1.1</NodeID>
            <NodeContent>...</NodeContent>
          </TreeNode>
      </TreeNodeList>
    </TreeNode>
   </TreeNodeList>
  </TreeNode>
</TreeNodeList>
</LeftNavTree>

There could be more than one LeftNavTree, so
originally I was using this xpath:
//p:LeftNavTree/p:LeftNavParamList/p:SelectedNode

But it's concatonating the values of SelectedNode from
both LeftNavTree's. I need an xpath expression that
will grab "the SelectedNode element which is a
descendent of the ancestor LeftNavTree element for the
current node".

Make sense? Hopefully :-)

Anthony
ph: (408) 656-2473