Re: [xsl] Coloured text

Subject: Re: [xsl] Coloured text
From: Dave Pawson <davep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 10:39:23 +0100
On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 07:44 +0100, Peter Robertson wrote:
>  This must have been asked thousands of times because it is so obvious, yet
> everyuting I can find about it is so cryptic as to be useless.
>
> How in docbook (generating PDF) can I get coloured text? Colour is clearly
> available as admonitions and table borders can be coloured, but I have found
> no way to make an arbitrary phrase a different colour from the surrounding
> text.
>
> I am using Oxygen + Saxon 5.3.

1. Try it in Saxon 6.5.3 (or is that a typo)
2. Have a look at the xsl-fo you are generating.
  on a block, color for the foreground text is set as
   fo:block color="red"
   Is that what you are generating?
3. Docbook stylesheets handle style, not docbook itself.
   Find the appropriate template in your docbook distro
   and either modify it directly, or find the attribute set to modify.
4. Docbook questions are perhaps more appropriate on the docbook-apps
list at Oasis.