Re: [xsl] Display HyperLink

Subject: Re: [xsl] Display HyperLink
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:57:17 -0500
Hi Kevin,

> I have an XML page that is returning a fully formatted link like this
> one:<a
href=..\ASP\InvoiceReprint\BARInv_Reprint_View_Frame.asp?Inv_Num=358778>35877
8</a>

Errr, hate to break it to you, but if I remember correctly XML (1.0 at
least) requires either " or ' deliminators.  In fact, in xml 1.0
defines the AttValue as the text between the deliminators.  Are you
sure it's not an SGML document?  There are some techniques for
translating SGML documents into XML, but I seem to have misplaced my
notes on this.

> How do I get that link to display properly on my XSL page?

Not sure what you are considering an "xsl" page.  I'll take a not so
wild stab and guess you mean display in the HTML page produced by the
XSL transformation which is done by a processor called by your
browser.

If however, you mean XSL page to refer to a page/document that
conforms to the XSL spec XSL-FO that's a different thing all together.

Otherwise, look at the identity transform at the Dave Pawson's faq:
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/identity.html.  This will will just
copy over all the elements in the original file.

Of course, if this isn't what you need, some more information might be
helpful.

Jon Gorman