[xsl] Getting specific elements from a list

Subject: [xsl] Getting specific elements from a list
From: "Simon, Jb" <jb.simon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:37:05 -0400
Hi, I have the following XML snippit :

<tblEnumeratedTypes>
	<EnumeratedType>ColorType</EnumeratedType>
	<tblEnumValues>
		<EnumeratedType>ColorType</EnumeratedType>
		<EnumValueDescription>Red</EnumValueDescription>
	</tblEnumValues>
	<tblEnumValues>
		<EnumeratedType>ColorType</EnumeratedType>
		<EnumValueDescription>White</EnumValueDescription>
	</tblEnumValues>
	<tblEnumValues>
		<EnumeratedType>ColorType</EnumeratedType>
		<EnumValueDescription>Blue</EnumValueDescription>
	</tblEnumValues>
</tblEnumeratedTypes>

What I need as output is

TEST ( int, ColorType, Red, Blue )

The problem I'm having is getting the Red and Blue, basically, the
First and last EnumeratedType element of EnumeratedTypes.

I tried various combinations, although it seems this should have
worked...

	<xsl:template match="tblEnumeratedTypes_WC" mode="range-macro">

test (
	int,
	<xsl:value-of select="EnumeratedType"/>,
	<xsl:value-of select=".//EnumValueDescription[1]"/>,
	<xsl:value-of select=".//EnumValueDescription[last()]"/>
) ;

	</xsl:template>

When I execute that I get (line breaks are not a problem)

TEST (
	int,
	ColorType,
	Red,
	Red
	) ;

What is the problem is that I can never get the last Value to be Blue.

Oh, XSL Procesor : Microsoft (R) XSLT Processor Version 4.0
Also tried it using Mozilla, same result

Any Ideas ?

TIA
Joe Simon