RE: [xsl] Getting specific elements from a list

Subject: RE: [xsl] Getting specific elements from a list
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:35:01 -0500
I think Dimitre's solution is the better choice, as it avoids the overhead
of a variable and the extra processing of the // operator. So if you ever
want to optimize, look at Dimitre's suggestions again.

Still, I'm glad we could help you make something that works.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

"Simon, Jb" <jb.simon@xxxxxxxx>
05/26/2005 04:24 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
RE: [xsl] Getting specific elements from a list

Snip

>    (.//EnumValueDescription)[1]
>
> and
>
>    (.//EnumValueDescription)[last()]
>

> Of course, in this particular case it is best *not* to use the "//"
> abbreviation. What would suffice is just:
>
>    tblEnumValues/EnumValueDescription[1]
>
> and
>
>    tblEnumValues/EnumValueDescription[last()]

Thanks to all ...

I ended up using Jay Bryant's Solution, I could not get Dimitres'
solution to work,
Kept getting blanks, although I now understand what was going on and it
looks like his solution should also work.

I just had to change Jay's solution from

>   <xsl:variable name="EVDs" select="//EnumValueDescription"/>

<xsl:variable name="EVDs" select=".//EnumValueDescription"/>

Thanks to All !

Joe Simon
Lockheed Martin, Systems Integration, Owego, NY