RE: [xsl] Cannot spot the error in my XSL code, please help.

Subject: RE: [xsl] Cannot spot the error in my XSL code, please help.
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 17:05:17 +0100
> Hi all.here is my xsl code
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl =
> "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version =
> "1.0" >
> <xsl:template match="/">
>     <fieldset>
>       <legend>
> color="#00006B">
>           <xsl:template match="*">
>             <xsl:value-of select="name()" />
>           </xsl:template>

xsl:template can only be used as a top-level element in the stylesheet.

I've no idea what you intended by using it here, so I can't tell you how to
correct it.

Perhaps you meant to write xsl:apply-templates. The xsl:apply-templates
instructions selects elements (or other nodes) for processing, while the
xsl:template declaration defines how nodes that match a particular pattern
should be processed when they are selected.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/