RE: [xsl] why do I get duplicate <HTML> after xsl:copy ?

Subject: RE: [xsl] why do I get duplicate <HTML> after xsl:copy ?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:16:25 +0100
> Originally I tried the 'saxon' namespace but although it
> didnt generate
> any error it still persisted in the result. So I then tried 'xmlns'.
>
> I tried once again after this mail from you but I still get
> the output
> with <HTML xmlns:saxon="http://saxon.sf.net/";>

The advice to use exclude-result-prefixes was wrong. The e-r-p attribute
only affects namespaces copied from the stylesheet when a literal result
element is evaluated. You are copying the HTML element from the source
document, and the saxon namespace must be copied from there. I've no idea
why anyone would want to declare the saxon namespace in a source document,
but I think that's what must be happening.

In XSLT 2.0 you can do xsl:copy without copying namespaces by adding the
attribute copy-namespaces="no" to the xsl:copy or xsl:copy-of element.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/