Re: [xsl] how to get path to local file

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to get path to local file
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:07:18 +0530
Hi,
          Iam inquiring the path to the local file form the catalog
resolver and not the doctype object as mentioned below as follows:

String pubId = resolver.getPublicId();

Regards,
Omprakash.V

                    omprakash.v@pol
                    aris.co.in             To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                           cc:     (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                    06/07/2005             Subject:     [xsl] how to get path to local file
                    10:52 AM
                    Please respond
                    to xsl-list

Hi,
        I was trying to parse my xml file using catalogs when I got the
following exception:

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: e

The problem appeared to be in the following function:

 URL newURL = new URL(testURL, spec);
(variable names changed).

The scenario is as follows:
I have a xml file that has a DOCTYPE with a public identifier. In my
catalog, I map this to a file in the local filesystem. So far so good. Now
I need to
retrieve the path to the local file by inquiring the DOM doctype object. It
returns me a string such as

'file:/e:/xslt/example.dtd'

which IMO is not a valid URL even for a local file.

How do I get path to the local file minus the file:/ stuff.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Omprakash.V

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is
sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to
you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its
attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in