RE: [xsl] Creating namespace nodes

Subject: RE: [xsl] Creating namespace nodes
From: <tomas.vanek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:19:01 +0200
ach yes - he fixed version of the example:

XML:
<example>
	<start-here xmlns:bar="www.super.org/bb" type="bar:foo"/>

	<types xmlns:aa="www.super.org/aa" xmlns:bb="www.super.org/bb">
		<type name="aa:foo"/>
		<type name="bb:foo"/>
	</types>
</example>

XSLT:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
	<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" />

	<xsl:templare match="/">
		<xsl:apply-templates select="//start-here"/>
	</xsl:templare">

	<xsl:templare match="start-here">
		<xsl:copy-of select="//type[ @name=current()/@type ]"/>
			<!-- this will NOT select what I really mean -
the //type[@name="bb:foo"] element -->
	</xsl:templare">
</xsl:stylesheet>

The idea is: you use qnames in attribute values for referencing elements
in XML.
The "prefix" bar in in the start-here/@type cannot represent the real
namespace xmlns:bar="www.super.org/aa"
The relevant namespaces are defined in scope of particular elements.

This type of namespace abuse in attribute values is in WSDL 1.0..

tomi