Re: [xsl] Anybody know when "transform" became the term for the type ofthing XSLT does?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Anybody know when "transform" became the term for the type ofthing XSLT does?
From: Emmanouil Batsis <Emmanouil.Batsis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:49:36 +0300
Andrew Welch wrote:

I bet everyone still uses <xsl:stylesheet> over <xsl:transform> (I know I do...even though it makes far more sense to use the latter!)

You could use <xsl:transform> for a data-centric stylesheet(?) and <xsl:stylesheet> for a stylesheet that creates an XSL-FO document or something similar.

This would indicate what kind of stylesheet it is; but it may confuse many people, that don't know the alias <xsl:transform>.

I think 'stylesheet' is the wrong term all round really.

+1. I also use xsl:transform as the roor element and get angry at various IDEs that generate xsl:stylsheet for me when i create a new document.

A question: when referring to an XSLT file, is there any other term to
use than 'stylesheet' that's more accurate?

We use the term "transform" around here when refering to XSLT documents, as in 'he is working on a transform for xxx'.

Manos